This post is sponsored by Groupon, but all opinions are 100% mine.
Are you interested in saving money when you shop AND getting free gift cards at the same time? Then I have found the perfect website for you!
I never pay full price when I shop online. I always look for promo codes, coupons and discounts. It used to be an annoying to try to find a working coupon or code. I would have to visit multiple coupon/deal websites and try at least 5 or more codes. However, I haven't had that problem since I discovered Dealspotr, which saves me a lot of time and money. Dealspotr is without a doubt the best couponing/deal website out there!
So What is Dealspotr?
Dealspotr is a new social copouning website that offers real-time deal sharing and rewards members with Amazon gift cards for posting and editing deals. It's much more than your average coupon website like Retailmenot. Dealspotr is a cross between a social networking site and search engine because you can share deals, like deals, have personalized feed like Facebook and you can search through the database of deals to find just what you are looking for!
Why is Dealspotr Awesome?
- Rewards - You get free Amazon gift cards for posting and editing deals! You can earn gift cards faster than Swagbucks or other survey websites and it's not a repetitive or boring like survey sites.
- IT'S FUN!! Not only do you make money by posting deals, but its fun to watch your deals go "on fire" and start trending (which earns you even more points). Finding deals is like a game! You get points, build your reputation and have daily tasks to complete for bonus points. It's hard to pull myself away from the website sometimes because I get so into it!
- Very active community of deal seekers
- By posting and curating deals, you are helping other people save money!
- Dealspotr has already saved shoppers over 15 million since launching in 2015!
- The personalized deal feed only shows deals that you are interested in. You can customize it based on your interests and your favorite stores.
- Reliability - Unlike other coupon websites where the promo codes and coupons don't work half the time, Dealspotr weeds out the expired or fake coupon codes through crowdsourcing. Their 30,000 members curate the deals to ensure accuracy.
- Based on research conducted, Dealspotr will save you approximately 17 minutes and 14 dollars each time you shop online!
- Database of over 5 million deals so it's easy to find a great deal!
- Highest coverage of coupon codes out of all the other coupon websites.
- In store and online coupons, deals, and discounts
- User-friendly and intuitive website
- No duplicates. You don't have to waste time sorting through all the duplicate deals like you do on other coupon websites.
- Advanced searching features - You can search by stores, items, interests, brand, what's popular, types of deals (eg. online, promo codes, sales, free shipping etc.). Dealspotr's powerful search capabilities will help you quickly find exactly what you are looking for
- Deals for restaurants too
- Interact with other deal seekers who share your interests
- There is a freebie section
How Do You Earn Points and Rewards?
10,000 points = $10 Amazon Gift Card. After redeeming your points, you will receive your gift card in a few days. Here are some ways to earn points:
- posting deals
- validating deals
- spotting deals - You "spot" deals by finding really great deals that you think will become popular ("hot or "on fire" deals). You are only given so many spots per day, but the more great deals you spot, the more spots you get and the more points you will earn.
- completing your daily checklist
- referring new members - Not only do you earn you instant points when you refer someone, but you also get percentage of the points that they earn too!
- improving your accuracy score - Your accuracy score determines how many points you earn for posting and validating deals on Dealspotr. For example, a member with an accuracy score of 80 will earn many more points than a member with an accuracy score of 20.
- increasing deal rep - You’ll earn 25% additional points for every deal that you post on Dealspotr. You can increase your deal rep by posting great deals frequently.
- adding coupon codes for Shopper Requested Brands
Some Examples of Deals on Dealspotr
How Dealspotr Works?
Create an Account
Use this link to join. Click join on the upper right hand side of the website and register with Facebook or your email address. When you sign up with my link, you will automatically get +5,000 points, which is half way to your first $10 Amazon Gift card. All you have to do is complete the new user checklist and post your first deal to be awarded the extra $5. You can easily get your first $10 gift card in a couple days.
Complete Your Checklist
Completing the checklist will give you bonus points and familiarize you with the website. Every day you get a new checklist that you can do for extra points. It's easy to complete and a great way to earn points quickly. I like doing it while I'm having coffee in the morning.
Create your Personalized Feed
You can create your personalized feed by adding stores, topics and people that you like. You won't be shown anything that doesn't match your interests so no more sorting through deals to find ones you are interested in.
Posting a Deal
Posting a deal is very easy and only takes a minute to do. All you have to do is find a deal, provide some basic information about it and take a screenshot to validate it.
How My Blog Went from 0 to 100,000 Monthly Page Views in 6 Months
Are you struggling to get more traffic to your blog? Then read these quick and easy tips to find out how to increase your blog traffic
I started my blog in July 2016 and by December 2016, I reached 115,000 page views. Here's what I did to increase my blog traffic:
- Focus on only one traffic source. Don't spread yourself to thin or waste time and effort promoting blog posts on every social media platform if you aren't getting many readers from there.
- Look at your analytics to determine where the most traffic to your blog comes from and focus on sharing and being active in that community.
- You can also research other blogs from your niche to find out where they are getting their traffic. I knew from the beginning that the frugal living bloggers got their traffic from Pinterest so that's where I focused my efforts. I joined as many groups as I could and pinned at least 5 times a day.
- Also, it's important to know what topics get the most attention on your social media platform and use that to your advantage, if you can. For example, Pinterest's biggest topics are DIYs and food so I focus more on writing blog posts that fall into those categories. (EX: Cheap & Easy Recipes or Money Saving DIY Ideas)
- Even though you shouldn't take time to heavily promote on multiple social media platforms, you should still have accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ and just quickly share your posts on those sites anyway because if you ever plan on doing sponsored posts, you need to have more than one active social media account for influencer marketing agencys like TapInfluence or Clever Girls Collective.
- Full-time blogging - I didn't start full time blogging until October, but when I did, it made a huge difference. I work on blog posts from 8am to 6pm 5 or 6 times a week. Obviously, if you have a job other than blogging, it would be very difficult to blog full time, but you should definitely blog during any free time that you have. The more awesome content you publish and promote, the more page views you will get.
- Create better content. I'm sure you've heard the phrase "content is king." At first I struggled with this concept. I wondered what defines awesome content and how to you make it? Many of the articles out there that talk about this topic are vague and don't discuss details on how to make your content awesome so I struggled with creating good content for this first couple of months. So here's what I did to create better content:
- Quantity - Go above and beyond what other bloggers are doing. For example, If you see an article about 30 cheap and easy desserts, then you write a blog post 100 cheap and easy desserts. Yes, it will take more time to do, but it will drive traffic to your blog and could help you go viral.
- Originality and Creativity - Brainstorm and find a topic that not many bloggers have written about or give your unique perspective or insights on a topic that others have already explored. Think about what you have to add to that topic.
- Create longer content - I've always heard that shorter blog posts are better, but in my experience, this is absolutely not true. Of course, you don't want to create a long post that rambles on just to make it longer. You should have longer posts that are informative, interesting and helpful to the reader. To accomplish this, do more in-depth research on the topic than other bloggers have done.
- After all, how much are readers really going to learn from 300 word post? They are just going to skim through the content and quickly close your blog.
- Long posts will keep readers on your blog longer and as a result, they will be more likely to browse your blog. Also, the longer your posts are, the more ads you can place on your blog without it seeming too cluttered.
- Make your content more readable. Add sub headings, bullet points, bolded keywords, underlined important concepts, media and links. No one will read your post if it's just a wall of text -- no matter how good it is. People like to skim through so make it easier for them to do that.
- Proofread - If you have typos and spelling errors throughout your blog post, people will not take you seriously. You will look unprofessional and lose your credibility as a expert on your topic. Have a friend or family member proofread too for an extra set of eyes. I always miss some of my own typos.
- Curated Content -These types of posts get a lot of page views because readers like for you to do the work for them.
- For example, instead of readers looking at one healthy and cheap dinner recipe at a time on Google, you can gather 50 of the best healthy and cheap dinner recipes on the internet in your blog post. This saves the readers time and other bloggers are always glad to get the referred traffic from you. So it's a win-win for everyone.
- I think this tactic is especially a great idea for new bloggers and bloggers who aren't earning enough money to create new ideas on their own. For example, creating new recipes and DIY tutorials requires money to buy ingredients and supplies for your project.
- Follow trends - Know when and what people will be searching for. For example, if a holiday is coming up, start making holiday posts a month in advance (The earlier you post it, the more time it will have to get shared).
- Know when the best time to post on social media is. You could pay for a social media scheduler like Tailwind to do this part for you. However, I like having control over my own sharing. This website shows the best times and days to post for each social media platform. Consistently sharing during popular times will increase your traffic drastically.
- Write Attention Grabbing Headlines - Make readers want to click on your link. Here are some tips on how to do this:
- Be specific: Instead of Ways to Save Money as a title, change it to 50 Ways to Save Money
- Add urgency: 50 Ways to Save Money Right Now
- Add mystery and intrigue: 50 Secret Ways to Save Money, 50 Surprising Ways to Save Money, Little Known Ways to Save Money, 50 Creative Ways to Save Money
- Tutorial: How to Save Money with These 50 Helpful Tips
- Popular Keywords: 50 Money Saving Hacks
- However, If you don't want to spend too much time coming up with headlines, you can use blog title templates like: this one: 190+ Catchy Headlines and Blog Titles
- Well Designed Images - Having high quality images is especially important on Pinterest, but also important for other social media like Facebook or Instagram. I highly recommend Canva. It's a free graphic design tool for people that aren't good at graphic design (like me).
- Don't Give Up - I know that it can be really discouraging to put in a lot of hard word and only see a couple hundred page views a week (or less). All bloggers have been tempted to give up at some point when they weren't getting results. Just remember why you started blogging in the first place and stay motivated. I promise that if you keep working hard and follow these tips that you will start gaining more traffic.
Good luck and happy blogging!
You don't need to clip coupons to save at the store anymore! With the mobile savings app, Ibotta, you will earn just as much as you would with regular coupons, but with less hassle. You can easily earn cash back on your every day purchases. Ibotta users have earned $112,357,647 in cash back rewards so far. Ibotta has over 50,000 five-star app reviews.
What's awesome about Ibotta:
- get $10 just for signing up
- get $5 for getting your friends to sign up
- redeem your cash back with Paypal or Venmo
- Ibotta reports first month earnings at $20-$25 per user! That could be a savings up to $300 a year!
- get extra cash back with bonuses by buying featured products, redeem items at specific retailers, or complete certain tasks.
- you can earn cash back from non-brand name items like milk, produce, bread, cereal, soda, eggs and more!
- get cash back at over 500,000 locations
- can be combined with other coupons
- get cash back for dining out at restaurants like Taco Bell, Subway, Papa Johns, Chili's, Applebee's, Outback & more
- get rebates for shopping at places like Kohl's, Macys, JCPenny, H&M, Old Navy, Aeropostale, and many more!
- many speciality stores offer cash back too (examples: Petsmart, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, Micheals, Toys R Us)
- join teams for extra cash back. Each month, your team will be given a specific task or total earnings goal. Once you reach your goal, and your team reaches their goal, you will receive the bonus earnings for that level. You can create teams through Facebook
- create a shopping list on the app and it will notify you if there are any rebates for the items listed. For example, if you add yogurt to your grocery list and there are yogurt rebates available, there will be a red tag next to it and when you click on it, it will show you all the yogurt rebates.
- you can choose to redeem your cash back through gift cards as well like Best Buy, Amazon, and Starbucks
- has more offers, selections and brands than any competitors
- save time by using QR codes (Walmart, Best Buy, etc.) or syncing up your loyalty programs (Rite Aid, Food Lion, Hanford, etc.) so you don't have to take a picture of your receipt
How Ibotta Works:
- Download the Ibotta App for Android or iOS
- Sign up using my referral code: uivxstc or use this link and get $10 cash back to start out. (Please use my link or code so that I get credit for the referral. Thank you!!)
- Unlock Rebates:
- Select one of the many Rebate Categories or by use the search bar.
- Select a nearby Retailer.
- Browse Ibotta rebates.
- Complete one or more fun tasks to unlock rebates. These are usually tasks such as sharing on Facebook, learning a fact, or taking a quick poll.The more fun tasks you complete, the more cash you unlock!
- Select one of the many Rebate Categories or by use the search bar.
- Go shopping and buy the items you want to unlock
Ibotta will verify your purchases and send you cash within 24 hours. Verify purchases with the following methods: scan your barcode, receipt, QR code, or link your loyalty card (e.g. Rite Aid, Best Buy, Hannaford, Food Lion) to your app.
- To get your cash, just link your Ibotta account with either PayPal or Venmo. You’ll have the cash deposited into your Ibotta account within 48 hours. I've redeemed $11.25 so far this week!
I am going to take you step-by-step through the ENITRE process of getting your blog started in 2016 from choosing hosts, domains and blogging platforms to customizing your blog and publishing your first post. All of this can be done in less than 30 minutes with my tutorial. However, before we dive into the logistics, I think it's important to start out with a brief discussion of the benefits of blogging and reasons for blogging because before you can start a blog, (A.) you'll need to know if it's right decision for you and (B.) what your topic will be.
Why You Should Blog?
- Do you have a passion? Something you love to talk about and are knowledge about?There are plenty of people that would love to learn from your knowledge and experiences
- For me, my passion is saving money. I have a lot of experience in that area and I wanted to share that knowledge with others to improve their quality of life.
- You don’t have to be a subject expert either, so don’t let that deter you. You just have to know how to find the information that your audience wants!
- Perfect opportunity for stay at home moms
- Make your own schedule
- You don’t have to leave the comfort of your own home and save on gas money too
- Fun - I honestly don’t even think of blogging as work really because I have so much fun doing it! I’m actually excited to get started on my blogging activities in the morning. Most people can’t say that about their jobs.
- To help others - You are in the position to have a positive impact on other people and be influential.
- Work life balance
- You are your own boss
- Low risk and cost - if you get Bluehost with Wordpress, it will only cost you a couple of dollars a month and if you change your mind, you will get a refund! So why not try it out and see how you like it!? The only real investment you make is your time.
- You can make a good income from blogging and you can turn it into a full time job/business with some time and effort.
- I started making money from my blog in 3 months, but it will depend on how much time you put into it. I put in 25-30 hours a week.
- If you just want to blog as a hobby, it will help you establish a positive online presence, build a network and depending on the topic, it may help you land a job!
- Also, it will help you get freelance writing jobs because you can use your blog posts as writing samples.
- You will learn so many new things and improve your writing skills
Where Do I Begin?
When I started looking into blogging, I had so many questions about how to get started blogging. I spend a lot of time researching my options. There are so many blogging and hosting websites out there! I was overwhelmed with choices and information.
So I'm going to save you the hassle of having to spend hours figuring it out. Without a doubt, the best option is self hosting with Wordpress.org. I will explain the reasons why soon.
But first, here is the brief outline of what I will be discussing:
- Step 1: Choosing a host: Free Blog Hosts vs Self-Hosted
- Step 2: Choosing a domain
- Step 3: Choosing a blogging platform and installing it
- Step 4: Customizing your blog
- Step 5: Publishing your first post
No one likes confusing technical lingo so let's get some terminology out of the way to clarify what I will be talking about:
Domain: The domain is the URL of your website. Example: yourwebsite.com is the domain name.
Hosting: Hosting is the company that puts your website on the internet. All you data is stored there. Basically, it's like a virtual hard drive on the internet where your blog will be saved.
Free Blog Hosts
(Tumblr, Blogger, Blogspot)
- First of all, “free” is not free. It comes with a number of catches:
- The biggest catch is that they own your site. You will have limited control and customization options and no FTP access. You are constrained to what their basic interface will allow.
- They can choose to delete your blog if they want to and all your hard work will be gone.
- They sell your ad space so you have no control of what ads will appear on your blog!
- You are not allowed to sell products or services through your free blog.
- The biggest catch is that they own your site. You will have limited control and customization options and no FTP access. You are constrained to what their basic interface will allow.
- Very limited storage, page size limits, customization and functionality.
- Only 1GB of space
- Maximum limit on a single page display is 1 MB
- Maximum image size: 8MB, 250KB on mobile and for backgrounds;
- These are just a few of the major limitations. There are dozens more. All the limitations on these free platforms will give you a headache and end up wasting your time
- Lack of flexibility
- You don't get your own domain name
- Basic interface that is easy to use
- Poor security
- No plugins
- Very few themes to choose from
- your blog won’t look professional, which means you will lose a sense of authority and as a result, you won't get as much traffic
- These types of blogs are not taken seriously on the web anymore.
- Upgrading and transferring difficulties - If you choose a platform like Blogger and then later decide you want to monetize your website, you will have a hard time transferring to another platform without losing a lot of data including your search engine rankings so I think it’s best to start out right and go with self-hosted from the beginning. Otherwise, you would probably have to pay someone to help you upgrade to a stand alone blog.
- Questionable long term sustainability
- Blogger is not doing well and isn't being updated routinely. Experts think that it is possible that Google may decide to cut its loses as it has in the past with other projects like Google Reader.
- In contrast, Wordpress is updated and improved upon continuously.
Which Host Should I Choose?
I highly recommend Bluehost. Here's 15 reasons why:
- It's very easy to set up - only takes minutes until your blog is up and running!
- 1-click WordPress installation
- Best choice for monetizing your blog. You can run any of your own advertisements, affiliate links, direct advertising, etc
- Offers 24/7 technical support
- FREE domain
- Backed by the ANYTIME money back guarantee
- If you cancel within 30 days you receive a full refund on your hosting service.
- If you cancel after 30 days you receive a prorated refund for the remainder of your hosting term. So If you buy 12 months of service and only choose to use 6 of those months. The cost of the remaining 6 months will be refunded back to you.
- UNLIMITED email accounts and storage
- UNLIMITED website space and websites
- No gimmicks, no contracts.
- Automatic backups - creates daily, weekly, and monthly backups of your entire account.
- Scalability - Start with what you need and move to more powerful options as your website grows.
- Enhanced interface with tools that make it simple to manage your websites, domains, emails, and more
- $200 in advertising offers (Google, Bing, etc) to help grow your business
- Offers excellent protection for your website through:
- resource protection
- spam protection
- domain privacy
- unique IPs
Sign up here. With my Bluehost referral link and as a first time user, you get a special offer of hosting at $2.95/month!! The normal price is $7.99/month. And remember, it comes with a money back guarantee so you can cancel your service ANYTIME if you aren't happy with it or you decide to stop blogging. There is no commitment or hidden fees.
Which Blogging Platform Should I Use?
Here’s 25 reasons why Wordpress.org is the best choice:
- The world’s most popular content management system with over 86 MILLION users.
- Easy to learn and use.
- 1 click installation with Bluehost.
- It’s perfect for people who aren’t tech savvy.
- You don’t have to build your own website because there are thousands of free useful plugins and professional-looking themes to choose from on Wordpress.
- Budget-Friendly - Wordpress is FREE through Bluehost
- Customization - you can customize a lot without needing to know any coding. (E.g. logos, colors, menus, headers, etc.)
- Optimized for search engines
- Open source - you own the site so you have complete control and ownership
- Plugins greatly improve functionality.
- Wordpress has an awesome support community.
- If you have a question or need help, there a lot of people out there who will help you.
- Search Engine Optimization is simple and user-friendly on Wordpress. It can be complicated and confusing, but Wordpress has some great plugins that make it easy.
- Safe and secure - provides protection against spam and attacks
- Accessibility - you can access it from any browser
- Scalability - It’s for everybody!
- It’s great for new bloggers AND professional bloggers.
- And It’s a great platform to grow your blog and business.
- Auto updates available so you don’t have to waste too much time on maintaining your site
- Creating and managing content is easy and quick. As a result, you will post more frequently and gain followers more quickly.
- It's a social platform - you can communicate with visitors through comments, posts, discussions and more!
- Automatic syndication for RSS, which leads to free yahoo site listings
- You don't have to worry about losing your work. Drafts are automatically saved so if your power goes out or your computer shuts down, it will automatically save your work.
- Versatile platform for all kinds of businesses from e-commerce stores, personal blogs, small business websites and more
- Content scheduling. You can set your posts to be released at certain times.
- Mobile Friendly - designed with responsive coding to allow your users to view your site on all devices, which is increasingly important since most traffic comes from tablets or cell phones these days.
- Categorized blogging - easier to search and navigate the contents of blogs
- Options to increases loading speed, which in turn leads to higher google rankings and more traffic.
My Personal Opinion and Experience
Aside from all the facts that I’ve listed, my personal experience with both Wordpress and Bluehost has been 100% positive. I haven’t had a single issue with my blog and don’t know anyone else who has had bad experience either. I’ve only ever heard positive feedback about Bluehost and Wordpress. I honestly think its the best option for anyone considering blogging or starting a website for a business/store. I’m really glad that I followed another bloggers advice about signing up for Bluehost and Wordpress! If I hadn’t, my blog wouldn’t have been nearly as successful.
How Do I Get Started with Bluehost and Wordpress?
- Sign up for Bluehost here. Click on "Get Started Now"
- Choose which plan you want. I recommend either basic or plus. You won't need prime for your first year of blogging.
- Create your domain name
- Enter your account information and billing information
- Log into your new Bluehost account by going to the homepage and clicking login at the top right corner.
- Install ang Login to Wordpress:
- In your cPanel, look under the “Website” heading and click the “Install WordPress” link. Then choose the domain you want to install it on
- Click the Show advanced options box and enter in your site title, username, and password.
- After Wordpress installs, you will be emailed your site URL, the admin login URL, your username, and password.
- Log into Wordpress by going to the admin login URL
- Change your blog title. Go to Settings --> General
- Choose a theme. Appearance ---> Themes. You can customize your themes later on with the Customize link under Appearance.
- Add new plugins. Go to Plugins ---> Add New and browse through the popular and featured plugins. I recommend starting out with:
- Jetpack - adds many new features to your blog like sharing, site stats, mobile theme, related posts and much more!
- Akismet - protects you from spam
- Yoast SEO - will help you improve your search engine ranking.
- Wordfence - security plugin with firewall, login security, malware scan, and more
- Write your first post by going to Posts ---> Add New and clicking "Publish" on the right side when you are finished with your post.
If you prefer a video tutorial, check out this helpful video from OnBlastBlog.com
If you need any help setting up your blog or have any questions for me, please feel free to leave a comment or send me an email (email@example.com). I'm here to help!
Useful Tips & Resources for Beginner Bloggers
- How to Write a Blog Post: A Simple Formula + 5 Free Blog Post Templates
- Top 10 Blogging Tips for Beginners
- 21 Tactics to Increase Blog Traffic
- Make Awesome Graphics with Canva for FREE
- 10 Ways to Dazzle Readers With Your About Me Page
- 10 Essential Components of a Killer Blog Post
- The Beginners Guide to SEO - Even though you will have plugins to help you with this, I still think it's important to understand the basic concepts.
- Over 30 Hand-picked Social Media Sites To Drive Traffic To Your Blog
- The Complete Guide to Building Your Blog Audience
- What Is Affiliate Marketing And How Does It Work? - An introduction to monetizing your blog
Top 10 of the Best Blogging Books for 2016
If you sign up for Kindle Unlimited you can read all these books for free. You get a 30 day free trial the first time you sign up! So just read all the books in one month, take thorough notes and then cancelled the subscription. That's what I did to save some money.
What is Harris Poll?
Harris Poll allows you to participate in marketing research surveys in areas such as consumer, politics and technology. You share your opinions and insights through surveys and receive HIpoints for every survey you complete.
Harris Poll Online is one of world's oldest market research companies. With over 50 years in the business, HPOL has explored and analyzed every aspect of American life. They work with 74 of the Fortune 100 companies.
How does it work?
You can redeem HIpoints for rewards. These rewards include gift cards (e.g. Amazon, Kmart, Walmart, Starbucks, iTunes) and physical rewards such as movies, books, and home goods. They do not offer cash payment options however. A $10 gift card requires 1,250 points, which is the payout minimum. Surveys can take from 5 to 25 minutes and are worth between 75 and 150 points. You get about 5 surveys per month.
What I like About Harris Poll:
- You get 15 points for disqualifications
- Like Opinion Outpost, they do a quarterly $10,000 prize drawing.
- Short surveys
- Lots of different rewards to choose from
- Quick disqualifications - you know in minutes whether or not you qualify for a survey
- You can receive your e-giftcard between 24 and 48 hours.
You can sign up here, if you are interested.
They are not always accepting new members. Keep checking back to an opportunity to join.