This Jack O’ Lantern buffalo chicken skillet dip is a delicious and easy halloween appetizer that would be perfect for any halloween party. The dip is the perfect combination of creamy and cheesy while the dough is deliciously zesty and salty. Your party guests won’t be able to get enough of this spooktacular halloween appetizer!
It can be made in under 30 minutes and requires little effort so it’s great for a last minute halloween party food idea!
The ingredients are so simple that you probably have most of them in your pantry or fridge:
- cream cheese
- shredded cheese
- buffalo sauce
- ranch dressing
- bread dough
- ranch dip mix
- tortilla chips and olives for jack o’ lantern face.
For this recipe, I am using a 12″ cast iron skillet. The amount of dough you need depends on your skillet size. My skillet used 2 tubes of refrigerated bread dough. If you use a smaller skillet, you may only need1 tube of refrigerated bread dough.
For a healthier variation of this Jack O’ Lantern buffalo chicken skillet dip, you can serve this dip with celery, carrots, organic blue corn tortilla chips or whole wheat/multi-grain crackers. The dipping possibilities are almost endless!
Jack O' Lantern Buffalo Chicken Skillet Dip
- 2.5 cups cooked chicken (shredded or canned)
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 22 oz Refrigerated french bread dough (2 tubes)
- 4 tbsp butter (1 tbsp for greasing pan and 3 tbsp for dough)
- 3 tsp dry ranch dip mix
- 3 blue corn tortilla chips (for Jack O' Lantern eyes & nose)
- 1 oz sliced black olives (for Jack O' Lantern mouth)
- 1/4 cup green onions (for garnish - optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoon butter
- Remove dough from tube and cut it into 12 equal slices and roll each of them into balls. If you have a larger skillet (12"), you will need two tubes of dough so you will need to repeat this process for the second tube as well.
- Put the dough balls around the edge of the skillet.
- Mix melted butter and dry ranch dip mix in a small mixing bowl and brush over the dough balls.
- Combine the chicken, cream cheese, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, buffalo wing sauce and ranch dressing in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well blended.
- Pour the buffalo chicken mixture into the center of the skillet and spread it out until it is even and touching the dough slices.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the dough is golden brown.
- Add remaining shredded cheese on top of the dip and bake for another 5 minutes on the top rack of the oven.
- Remove the skillet from oven and add the Jack O' Lantern features to the dip. Use the blue corn tortilla chips for the eyes and nose and the olives for the mouth.