Give your home a touch of farmhouse styled charm with this DIY dollar store farmhouse fall door hanger. It’s an easy project that only takes 30 minutes and costs under $10 in supplies.
Supplies for Farmhouse Fall Door Hanger:
- 4 dollar store leaf trays
- white spray paint
- black vinyl stickers (3 or 4 inch letters)
OR stencils, foam brush and black paint
OR Cricut Explorer Air 2 & black vinyl (This is the method I used with some scrap vinyl)
OR painted chipboard letters
- roll of wired burlap ribbon
- floral wire
- tape measure or ruler
- hot glue gun & 2 glue sticks
Total Cost: $10
Difficulty Level: Easy
Time: 30-40 minutes (not counting the time it takes for the spray paint to dry)
You can get the leaf trays, burlap ribbon, floral wire, vinyl letters & glue sticks at Dollar Tree and get the spray paint for a couple of dollars at Walmart.
Instructions for Farmhouse Fall Door Hanger:
- Spray paint the $1 leaf trays white. Let it dry overnight. It’s best if you spray paint the night before you plan to do the craft.
- Adhere or paint your letters onto the middle of each leaf tray. I used a Cricut Explorer Air 2 to make my letters.
- Make your burlap bow.
You will need: 1 6″ ribbon, 1 12″ ribbon, 2 16″ ribbons, floral wire and a glue gun to make the ribbon.
Here is a quick 1 minute video for how to make the burlap ribbon.
- Generously glue the leaf trays onto the burlap ribbon. Make sure that the trays are centered and equal distance from each other. You could use a tape measure to do this. Also, you may want to put a newspaper underneath where you are gluing because the glue will seep through the burlap ribbon.
- Make a V cut on the end of the ribbon
- Hang the door hanger with a command hook by puncturing the top of the ribbon with a small hole using a craft knife
Happy Fall Y’all!