I was compensated for this post. This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Christmas Decor DIY: Dollar Tree Snow Scene
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- epsom salt
- 4 picture frames
- white foam board
- craft knife or scissors
- Christmas village figurines and/or Christmas ornaments
- The Christmas tree ornament I already had, but I got the others at Dollar Tree
- mini Christmas tree skirt (optional)
- glitter (optional) – I sprinkled a little gold glitter on the snow because I had it on hand.
Total Cost – $8
- Remove the plastic, frame back and picture inserts from the picture frames.
- If you don’t want the little tabs to show, you can pull them back and glue the glass to the frame or if it doesn’t bother you, then you can just put the tabs back down to hold the glass in place.
- Glue the corners of the picture frames together. Hold together firmly until each frame dries (about a minute). Be generous with the glue because you want it to hold up well.
- Using a pencil, trace the outline of the box onto the foam board.
- Cut out the outline, erase pencil markings and glue the foam board to the bottom of the box.
- Pour your snow in the box and arrange your figurines where you want them. You can glue the figurines in place if you would like to.
There is a lot of room for creativity on this project. You can paint the frame any color you want and put anything you want inside! Some other ideas are candles, Christmas village scenes, Christmas picks, etc.