Add a cozy rustic touch to your easter decorations with this DIY dollar store farmhouse easter bunny. This project only costs $5 and takes about 30 minutes to make. I got all the supplies for this easter craft at Dollar Tree except the fabric, which was a bandana that I got at Micheals for $1 with a 50% off coupon. You can also use some buffalo plaid scrapbook paper for the same effect that can be found at Hobby Lobby for about $0.50 each.
You can use this bunny as an easter wreath door hanger or wall art by gluing twine to either side of the bunny’s ears and hang it or you can add an easel behind the bunny to display on a table as a centerpiece or accent decoration so how you use this bunny is totally up to you!
This simple craft requires a handful of basic crafting supplies that you probably already have like twine, burlap ribbon, glue gun, etc. so it’s a very affordable way to add spring farmhouse home decor to your home on a budget.
This dollar store farmhouse easter bunny is very customizable. You can choose any fabric and accents that you want. You could make a moss bunny or a burlap bunny….the possibilities are endless!
I did not include instructions for how to make the burlap bow, but here is a super easy tutorial for how to make one. All you have to do is scale the size down so it’s not too big for the bunny.
The inspiration for this dollar store farmhouse easter bunny was my buffalo check fall pumpkin door hanger that I made last year. I’ve been obsessed with buffalo check for the past year.
Dollar Store Buffalo Check Farmhouse Easter Bunny Decor
- glue gun
- 1-2 glue sticks
- scrapbook tape roller or other adhesive
- 1 easter bunny sign
- 1 buffalo check scrapbook paper or fabric
- 1 roll twine
- 1 roll burlap ribbon
- 1 twine carrot
- 1 metal easter word
- Trace an outline of the bunny wood shape on the back of your scrapbook paper or fabric and cut out the shape.
- Apply the adhesive or tape to the wood shape.
- Align the buffalo check bunny with the wood shape and press the paper down on top of it, making sure it's centered.
- Trim around the edges of the paper with your scissors if its not perfectly outlined.
- Glue twine along the edges until it is completed.
- Make a burlap bow using your burlap ribbon.
- Glue down the bow, carrot and metal word on the bunny.