Transform a dollar store wood pumpkin into this cute yarn pumpkin door hanger. This DIY dollar store fall decor idea is cheap and easy to make. All the supplies came from Dollar Tree and it only costs $4 to make!
This harvest season bring a touch of cozy autumn vibes into your home in a budget-friendly way with this dollar store fall craft! Using everyday items like yarn, a wood pumpkin, and a touch of creativity, you can transform these simple supplies into a charming piece of DIY fall decor. The metal words for a touch of farmhouse charm, while the yarn is the epitome of cozy sweater weather vibes.
And the best part? You don’t need to be a crafting pro or have many crafting materials to make this; all you need is a glue gun, some scissors, and a bit of patience.
Turn this wood pumpkin:
Into this cute pumpkin door hanger:
…In a few easy steps!
- maple leaves
- wood pumpkin
- metal words
- wired rope
- glue gun and glue sticks
Tutorial for this DIY Dollar Tree Pumpkin Craft
- Wrap the yarn around the pumpkin until it is completely covered using the hot glue gun when necessary.
- Add the metal word in the center with a glue gun.
- Wrap rope around the stem of the pumpkin.
- Add two maple leaves to the back of the stems.
You have a lot of room for theme and color customization for this dollar tree craft. To turn it into a neutral farmhouse fall decor piece, you could do white yarn with buffalo check maple leaves. You could also make it into a rustic fall decoration using twine or tweed and a burlap maple leaf. Or, even transform it into a jack-o’-lantern for Halloween with orange yarn and use a Cricut to make a black jack-o’-lantern face for the center.
Plus, feel free to add ribbons, fall picks, or any other accents you want!
More Dollar Store Pumpkin Crafts
More Fall Decor Ideas
If you tried this DIY pumpkin craft or any other craft on my website, please leave a 📝 comment below and let me know how it went!
DIY Dollar Tree Pumpkin Craft
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- orange yarn I used less than one bundle from Dollar Tree
- 1 wood pumpkin
- 1 piece wired rope
- 1 metal sign
- 2 maple leaves
- Starting in the middle of one side, wrap the yarn around the wood pumpkin toward the outer end. As you get closer to the narrowing side of the pumpkin, you will need to hot glue the yarn down to keep it sliding out of place. Cover any gaps with some hot glue in between the pieces, if necessary.
- Repeat step 1 for the other side of the pumpkin until the pumpkin is completely covered in yarn.
- Wrap the wired rope around the stem and glue it into place.
- Add the metal sign to the middle of the pumpkin, gluing the each side and the middle so it is securely in place.
- Add a maple leaf behind the stem on either side.