This light and refreshing crescent roll veggie pizza appetizer has a crispy crust smothered in a zesty cream cheese mixture and topped with fresh, crunchy vegetables.
It is a fun summer recipe for kids to get them to eat their veggies! This healthy appetizer is quick and easy to make so it makes a great last minute party food idea too. Serve it at summer potlucks, summer cookouts, and 4th of July BBQs to help everyone cool off on a hot summer day.
Basically, this recipe is like veggies with ranch dip on top of a buttery crescent roll! If you are in a real hurry, you could even substitute chive and onion spreadable cream cheese or veggie dip (I would really recommend the Marzetti brand) in place of the cream cheese mixture that I used.
It’s also a great way to use up extra vegetables that you have at the bottom of your produce drawer. You can pick any vegetables that you want to add — whatever you have on hand will work just fine! It’s totally customizable. Fair warning, I really loaded mine up with extra vegetables (because I love vegetables!), but if you want less, just reduce the amount listed in the recipe by about one fourth.
Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza Appetizer Ingredients:
- crescent roll dough sheet (you could also use pizza dough in place of the crescent)
- assorted chopped veggies
- reduced fat cream cheese
- light sour cream (sub for plain greek yogurt to make this even healthier)
- dry ranch dressing mix
- garlic powder
- shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar, but mild, cheddar jack or something similar will work as well)
- green onions
How to make this crescent roll veggie pizza appetizer:
- Bake the crescent roll dough sheet and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients together for the cream cheese mixture and let it chill.
- Chop the veggies.
- Top the crust with the cream cheese mixture and the veggies.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut into squares for serving.
Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza Appetizer
- 1 half sheet pan
- pizza wheel
- large bowl
- 1 tube crescent roll dough sheet
- ½ english cucumber chopped
- 1 ½ stalk celery chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ tomato diced
- ½ cup broccoli chopped
- 1 small green pepper diced
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 5 oz reduced fat cream cheese softened
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 ½ tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon green onions
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Unroll the crescent dough onto the sheet pan and once the oven is preheated, bake accordiing to instructions on the package (about 10 minutes). Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- While the dough is baking, mix together the ingredients for the cream cheese mixture (cream cheeese, sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, ranch dressing and garlic powder) until it is smooth.
- Let the mixture chill in the fridge until the dough has cooled off.
- Chop the vegetables and add them to a large bowl and mix well.
- Once the crescent has cooled off, remove the cream cheese mixture from the fridge and add it on top, making sure to form a nice even layer across the crust.
- Top with chopped vegetables until the pizza is covered.
- Cut into squares to serve.