St Patrick’s Day Party Appetizer
Get the party started off right with this easy and healthy St Patrick’s Day Party Appetizer. Whether you are hosting a party or just looking for St Patrick’s Day food for a crowd, this festive rainbow vegetable appetizer will certainly be a crowd pleaser.
This rainbow vegetable platter comes together in a snap so it’s perfect for a last minute St Patrick’s Day party. The great thing about this easy appetizer is that you don’t have to do any cooking. Simply, buy the vegetables, cut them (or buy them pre-cut to save time) and arrange them on a platter. Add some store-bought veggie dip and voila! you have a festive and delicious looking appetizer with minimal effort or time. This platter comes together in less than 15 minutes so it’s a very quick party food.
Not to mention that this St Patrick’s Day Party appetizer makes for a healthy snack so you can save your calories for the beer, colcannon, Irish bread, beef stew, etc. that is sure to follow! This appetizer could even be good for a low carb diet as long as you sub the carrots for orange bell peppers and use a keto friendly ranch dip
It’s also a healthy snack for kids. Anything that looks like a rainbow will be fun for them to eat (even if it’s veggies). The kids can even help you make it so it will be a fun St. Patrick’s day activity for them to do.
The cost for the ingredients is under $10, so not only is it healthy, it’s easy on the wallet, which will help you save money for the main course.
If you don’t like some of the vegetable options here, you can always change them out.
Other substitution ideas:
- green bell peppers
- chopped celery
- cucumber slices
- green beans
- snow peas
- sliced beets
- shredded red cabbage
- sliced red bell pepper
- sliced orange bell pepper
The options are almost endless so have fun customizing it to you and family and/or friends preferences. You can swap out the ranch dip for any flavor you’d like as well.
St Patrick's Day Rainbow Veggie Platter
- 1 party platter
- 1 shamrock bowl
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 8 oz baby carrots
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- ½ head broccoli cut into florets
- ¼ head cauliflower cut into florets
- ¼ red onion sliced
- 14 oz Marzetti Ranch Veggie Dip
- Wash all the vegetables
- Remove the broccoli stem and cut the broccoli into bite-sized florets.
- Cut around the stem of the cauliflower and remove the leaves around the base of the cauliflower. Break the cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
- Slice the yellow bell pepper and red onion
- Arrange the vegetables around the platter in a semi circle, starting with the grape tomatoes on the outside.
- Then, add the baby carrots, yellow bell pepper, broccoli, and red onion (in that order)
- Arrange the caulflower around the bottom of the rainbow so that they form a cloud shape
- Put the ranch veggie dip in the shamrock bowl and enjoy!