Create an elegant and classy looking Rose Valentine’s Day tree. It makes a romantic and easy DIY Valentine’s Day decoration or craft project. This Valentine’s Day tree only requires a handful of supplies and less than 10 minutes of your time.
Rose DIY Valentine’s Day Tree Supplies
- foam cone
- red acrylic paint ($0.50 cents at Walmart)
- mini rose bushes (I used 2.5 big bushes from Hobby Lobby that were $3 each during their 50% off florals sale. You can get similar ones at Dollar Tree, but you would probably need to double the number of those smaller $1 ones so it would end up around the same price anyway.)
- foam heart pick
- glue gun and glue sticks
Money Saving Tip: You can get everything but the big rose bushes from Dollar Tree.
Time: 10-15 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
Rose DIY Valentine’s Day Tree Instructions
- Paint your foam cone red and let it dry. It takes about 15 minutes to dry.
- Remove the rose stems from the bushes.
- Push the roses into the foam cone. You may need to dab a little hot glue on the bottom of the stem if they don’t stay in place. I only had to do this for a few stubborn ones. Keep in mind, if your stems are long enough and sharp enough you may not need the glue.
- Repeat this process until the tree is completely covered in roses and the foam cone is no longer visible.
- Push the foam heart pick into the center of the foam cone until the stick is no longer visible.
There’s a lot of ways to make this project your own such as:
- Use different colored roses (white and pink) and create an ombre effect with the different colored roses.
- Spray paint a candlestick holder glittery red and hot glue the tree on top of it.
- Add accents like little pearls or gems to the tree.
- Wrap battery operated fairy lights around the tree for a magical effect.
- Tie a Valentine’s Day ribbon around it