Make your elf’s arrival extra magical and fun for your kids with this Free Printable Elf on the Shelf Arrival Letter from the North Pole.
This elf arrival letter is a fun way to reintroduce the elf into your household for the holiday season. I’m sure that your kids can’t wait for the Elf on the Shelf to arrive each year! I’ve created this free printable arrival letter from the North Pole to help make the elf’s return even more exciting for your kiddos on the big day. This free elf letter will put a smile on their faces when the elf arrives with it. Plus, it is quick and easy to print and download and makes a great last-minute arrival idea for your elf.
What is Elf on the Shelf?
It is a popular Christmas tradition based on a children’s picture book where a special scout for Santa Claus is sent to your home from the North Pole to encourage your kids to have good behavior throughout the holiday season. The elf reports back to Santa every night about who is being naughty or nice. It cannot be touched by children, or it will lose its magic. So, the adults are responsible for moving it every morning until Christmas. The elf only moves at night when the children are asleep.
When Does Elf on the Shelf Return and Depart?
It is recommended that your Scout elf arrives between November 24 (Thanksgiving) through December 1st. This is known as Scout Elf Return Week. During this time, Santa’s elves leave the North Pole and head to houses they’ll be staying throughout Christmas time until Christmas Eve day (December 24th)!
Looking for Elf on the Shelf Ideas?
Check out these 150 Best Elf on the Shelf Ideas for 2022! Whether you are looking for funny or naughty elves, there are plenty of elf on the shelf ideas to choose. Many of these ideas are quick and easy, so they are perfect for the last minute.
What’s Included with This Elf on the Shelf Return Letter?
There are two formats of letters available to download: PNG and PDF.
This printable is for personal use only and not for commercial use, including resale or distribution!
- Elf on the Shelf Welcome Letter (PNG file | PDF file)
- 65 lb white cardstock (recommended).
- You may use regular printer paper, but the quality will be best on cardstock.
- Attach a welcome back small gift along with your letter (optional). It can be small Christmas treats like a candy cane, red and green Hershey’s Kisses, holiday cookies, homemade candy recipes, or something similar.
What’s in the Elf on the Shelf Arrival Letter?
It is a cute poem written by your elf explaining the rules to your child.
From the North Pole,
I flew because Santa sent me to you.
I will watch and listen.
Reporting back what Santa is missin’.
You must be good and obey
And Santa will come on his sleigh.
Do your very best Santa
and I will do the rest.
Every night through the snow,
Back home I go.
I find a new spot to stay
each and every day.
Please don’t touch me
So my magic won’t flee.
I’m here to stay
until Christmas Eve Day.
How to Download Elf on the Shelf Arrival Letter
- Download the PNG file or the PDF file by clicking the link.
- For the PDF, click the download button in the toolbar at the bottom center of the page. The button is on the far right side of the toolbar.
- For the PNG, right-click on the image and select “Save As.”
- Save the files to the folder you want.
- Open the letter in your photo viewer for PNG and open the PDF letter in Adobe Acrobat or another PDF reader software.
How to Print the Letter
- Load the cardstock or printer paper into your printer’s paper tray.
- Find the Paper Settings option. The location will vary depending on your OS (either under Properties (PC) or Presets (iOS)). This will allow you to select various media types that your printer can handle.
- Go to Paper Type –> Card Stock.
- Go to File –> Print. Open your printer settings or printing preferences. The printing settings will vary based on your printer, but ensure the print quality is set to the “Best” setting before printing.
- If you are printing with Adobe Acrobat, select “Fit” from the printer settings.
- If you want to print an image version of the files through Preview or a similar photo viewing software, set it to “Scale to Fit” (it should be the default option).
BONUS: Elf on the Shelf Return Ideas
Include your free printable elf on the shelf introduction letter with one of these fun return ideas! Whether you want to throw a little holiday party or create an easy setup, there are fun ideas for inspiration here.
Hot Cocoa Welcome Back Party (with free printable party pack)
Make your elf’s return extra magical with a delicious hot chocolate party to welcome him/her back! This idea includes free printables as well.
Santa Mailbox Package from Etsy
This fun arrival box comes with a custom label on the front with your children’s names! Just put the elf and printable letter inside.
North Pole Breakfast Welcome from Sweet Shoppe Designs
Throw a cute, little welcome-back breakfast for your kids. You can make this quick and easy or as extravagant as you want.
Entrance Door from Etsy
Your elf will return in style with this fun elf entrance idea! It can be reused year after year and become part of your arrival tradition.
Bursting out of Package Arrival from A Small Snippet
Special Delivery! Have your elf arrive on the doorstep, busting out of the package because he/she is so excited about coming back and can’t wait until the kids open the package!
Elf Arrival Envelope from Etsy
This cute personalized handmade elf arrival envelope can be customized to add your child’s name to it.
Elf in a Balloon Box from Etsy
This Mischievous Elf is trapped in a balloon box! You can even add your little one’s name to the box.
You’ve Been Elfed Free Printable
50 Free Christmas Coloring Pages for Kids
Free Christmas Bingo Printables
Leave a Reply