Keep the kids entertained this holiday season with this easy and free Christmas Word Scramble printable that includes an answer key.
It’s a perfect holiday activity for keeping the little ones occupied while preparing for Christmas dinner or wrapping presents. Plus, this festive word scramble game is educational and makes a good brain exercise for your kids. It will help improve their problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and vocabulary. It is a fun challenge for them to try to solve these word puzzles! Whether your kids are playing this at a Christmas party, in the classroom, or just at home, they will have a jolly good time playing this fun word game. It is perfect for kids of all ages and can be played in a group or individually.
If you are looking for fun ways to have fun with your kids during the holiday season, pair this Christmas word puzzle with these coloring pages, a printable holiday bingo game, or these Christmas word searches with 3 difficulty levels. For other fun Christmas-themed activities, be sure to check out these Christmas games for kids and adults.
A word scramble printable game with an answer key. It is available to download in two formats available: PNG and PDF.
Please note that these free printables are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT commercial use.
- Free Printable Christmas Word Scramble Game
- PDF: Game with Answers Included on 2nd Page
- PNG: Word Scramble Game | Answer Key — These are two different files, so you need to download each one seperately if you want both.
- 65 lb white cardstock (recommended)
- You may use regular printer paper, but the quality will be best on cardstock, and it will be more durable.
- writing utensils like pencils, pens, markers, or even crayons
How to Download the Christmas Word Scramble Printable
- Download the PNG files or the PDF files by clicking the link(s) above. You may print as many copies as you’d like as long as it’s for personal use.
- For the PDF, click the download button in the toolbar at the bottom center of the page. The button is on the far right side of the toolbar.
- For the PNG, right-click on the image and select “Save As.”
- Save the files to the folder you want.
- Open the PNG file in your photo viewer or open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat or another PDF reader software.
How to Print the Templates
- Load the cardstock or printer paper into your printer’s paper tray.
- Find the Paper Settings option. The location will vary depending on your OS (either under Properties (PC) or Presets (iOS)). This will allow you to select various media types that your printer can handle.
- Go to Paper Type –> Card Stock.
- Go to File –> Print. Open your printer settings or printing preferences. The printing settings will vary based on your printer, but ensure the print quality is set to the “Best” setting before printing.
- If you are printing with Adobe Acrobat, select “Fit” from the printer settings.
- If you want to print an image version of the files through Preview or a similar photo viewing software, set it to “Scale to Fit” (it should be the default option).
What is a Word Scramble Game?
It is a word puzzle and is similar to an anagram. There is a set of letters that are randomly ordered, and the goal is to unscramble the letters to make the right word. See below for detailed instructions on how to play this fun brain teaser game!
How to Play Christmas Word Scramble
As mentioned previously, the words on the left of the printable are scrambled in the wrong order. You must figure out the correct word by re-arranging the vowels and consonants until you figure out the proper order for the letters. You can do this in your head or by writing your guesses down until it fits the letters used and the length of the characters. Since they are holiday words, it would be helpful to think about Christmas-themed words as you go through the list as a way to narrow down the word choices.
Once you find the correct word, write it in the blank space provided next to each scrambled word. Once you have unscrambled all of the words or you need a little extra help figuring out the answer, you can check the included answer key.
This Christmas Word Scramble Puzzle includes 11 different holiday-themed words for your child to unscramble.
More Christmas Printables
- Christmas Wish List Printables
- Elf on the Shelf Arrival Letter
- Christmas Printable Wall Art
- You’ve Been Elfed Printable
Leave a Reply