Looking for a fun and free Valentine’s Day activity? Grab this free printable Valentine’s Day word search with an answer key included.
This free Valentine word search is the perfect addition to any Valentine’s Day gathering. It is a medium-level difficulty puzzle that is perfect for people of all ages, including kids! This game is a fun way to get into the season of love! All you need to do is print it out and enjoy searching for over 20 romance-themed words in each puzzle. Whether you are using it for Valentine’s day party, a school event, an educational activity for classroom use, or just at home as a fun activity for the family on February 14th, it is sure to be a hit with everyone.
This printable valentine’s word search includes a list of words used at the bottom of the sheet and a separate answer key with all the words found. It is available in two formats: PNG and PDF format. Please note that this free printable is for personal use only.
- cardstock (at least 65 lb) or printer paper. Cardstock will offer the best quality, so I highly recommend it.
- a writing utensil such as a pencil, pen, marker, highlighter, or even a crayon
- free valentine word search puzzle printable (PNG word search and answer key | PDF)
How to Download and View the Valentine’s Day Word Search Printable
- Open the file by clicking the download link above.
- Download the file
- For the PNG, right-click on the image and select “Save As…”
- For the PDF, click the download button on the bottom of the screen.
- Save the files to the folder you want.
- Open the file
- For the PNG file, open it in your photo viewer software.
- Open the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat or another PDF reader software.
How to Print
- Load the cardstock or printer paper into your printer’s paper tray. Make sure to select the paper format as cardstock in your printer’s settings.
- Go to File –> Print. Open your printer settings or printing preferences. The printing settings will vary based on your printer, but ensure the print quality is set to the “Best” setting before printing.
- In the print dialogue box, be sure to select “Fit” from the printer settings.
How to Play This Valentine’s Day Word Search Game
What is a word search? It is a game in which players attempt to find all of the words hidden in a square grid of letters. It is commonly referred to as word find or seek as well.
The goal is to locate all the hidden words in the grid. The words included in the puzzle are located at the bottom of the sheet. This printable puzzle places words left-to-right, top-down, or the two diagonals from left to right. The remainder of the puzzle is filled with any letters of the alphabet. No words are overlapping.
Once you find one of the words, simply circle or highlight them until you find them all. If you can’t find a particular word, you can refer to the answer key provided.
To make the puzzle even more challenging, try timing yourself to see how quickly you can find all the words. Or, make it a group activity and see who can find the most words in a certain amount of time.
Valentine Word Lists
There are a total of 20 valentine’s day words located in this free word search puzzle that also make great vocabulary word ideas for kids!
- be mine
- bow and arrow
- conversation hearts
- love letter