Celebrate spring with this free printable easter word search for kids of all ages that includes an answer key.
Keep the kiddos entertained while you prepare Easter dinner with this free printable! This free Easter game is a great way to get your children into the spirit of Easter before the easter egg hunt! Not only is this word search fun to play, but it makes a great educational activity as well. It helps improve vocabulary, spelling, visual acuity, and fine motor skills.
Whether you want to use this Easter word search puzzle in the school classroom or at home, kids of all ages will love playing this game, including preschoolers, elementary-school-aged children, and even older kids. It makes a great addition to a class party, Sunday school or your family’s easter celebration. There are some religious words such as risen and cross that make it a good option for a Holy Week kids’ activity.
This printable word search is simple to play but has enough of a challenge so that it still feels rewarding when you find the right answer. It includes all your favorite spring and Easter words like basket, chick, easter bunny, and much more. There are 20 Easter-themed words in this easy Easter activity to find. So print and download this fun activity and see how many you can find!
For a ton of fun, pair this game with one of these fun Easter coloring pages for kids and these Easter crafts for kids!
How to Download and Print This Easter Word Search
- writing utensil such as a pencils, pens, markers, highlighters, or crayons
How to Download
- Download the word search by clicking the link to the PDF file above.
- Click the download button in the toolbar.
- Save the files to the folder you want.
- Open the file in Adobe Acrobat or another PDF viewing software.
How to Print
- Load the cardstock or printer paper into your printer’s paper tray.
- Find the Paper Settings option. The location will vary depending on your OS (either under Properties (PC) or Presets (iOS)). This will allow you to select various media types your printer can handle.
- Go to Paper Type –> Card Stock (if you are using cardstock).
- Go to File –> Print. Open your printer settings or printing preferences. The printing settings will vary based on your printer, but ensure the print quality is set to the “Best” setting before printing.
- In the print dialogue box, be sure to select “Fit” from the printer settings.
How to Play This Fun Easter Word Search Game
The puzzle’s goal is to find all the hidden words in the grid. The words included in the puzzle are at the bottom of the sheet. This printable puzzle places words left-to-right, top-down, or the two diagonals from left to right. The remainder of the puzzle is filled with any letters of the alphabet. No words are overlapping to make it an easy activity for kids. Once you find one of the words, circle or highlight them until you find them all. If you can’t find a particular word, refer to the answer key provided.
- Try timing yourself to see how quickly you can find all the words.
- Make it a group activity and see who can find the most words in a certain amount of time. It would make a great minute-to-win-it game at Easter parties by seeing how many words can be found in 60 seconds!
- Give a special prize for finding all the words, such as an easter treat or party favor.
There is a free PDF file that contains a word search with twenty Easter and spring-themed words along with a page containing the answer key. This free printable is for personal use only!
Easter Word List
- Easter egg
More Word Searches
Other Easter Ideas
100 Easy Easter Crafts for Kids and Adults
Leave a Reply