Looking for a fun Halloween game for all age groups? Download and print these free printable Halloween Charades game cards.
These Halloween charade cards are fun and interactive activity for a family game night, Halloween party, a group of friends, or class party. Whatever the occasion, this Halloween printable makes a great addition to your spooktacular celebration. Whether your party guests are adults or kids, this game is lots of fun for everyone.
This Halloween-themed game encourages creativity, fosters teamwork, and adds excitement to your festivities. Charades is a good way to bring people together, share laughter, create memories, and have a fun time. Plus, it’s a great last-minute party game because it requires little to no equipment and can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
- scissors or paper trimmer
- cardstock or printer paper (I highly recommend card stock for the best print quality and durability)
- printer ink
- PDF printable cards
How to Download and Print
- Click the download link above to access the PDF file and save the file to your computer.
- Open the file in Adobe Acrobat or another PDF viewing software.
- Load the cardstock or printer paper into your printer’s paper tray.
- Go to the Paper Settings and choose the appropriate Paper Type.
- If using cardstock, select the cardstock option on your printer.
- Navigate to File -> Print.
- From the paper size settings, choose “Fit.”
- Click on the printer settings located at the bottom of the window.
- A printer setup dialogue box will appear. Before printing, ensure the quality is set to the “Best” setting under the Media and Quality settings.
- Finally, press the Print button to start printing your Halloween Charades Game Cards.
What is Halloween Charades?
Charades is a popular word-guessing game. It’s often played in teams, but it can also be played with just two people. The game aims to communicate a word or phrase using gestures and body language.
How to Play
- One person from the first team draws one of the printable cards with a Halloween phrase or clue from the pot (a pumpkin pail or plastic cauldron would be a great pot idea) without revealing the word or phrase to their team members.
- Set a timer once the person has read the clue and is ready to start.
- The person must act out the word or phrase they drew and can’t speak or make any sounds.
- Their teammates try to guess what they’re acting out before the timer runs out. If they’re successful, the team scores a point.
- Once the turn ends (either the team guessed correctly or time ran out), the other team takes their turn.
- The game continues like this, with teams alternating turns until all phrases or clues have been acted out or until you decide to end the game.
- After all the rounds are complete, tally up the points for each team. The team with the most points at the end of the game wins. See below for a list of spooky prize ideas for the winning team.
Halloween Charades Word List
This printable game features 32 Halloween charades words.
- black cat
- spider web
- full moon
- candy corn
- trick or treat
- headless horseman
- spell book
- poison apple
- witch’s hat
- pumpkin carving
- haunted house
Prize Ideas for Winners
- Halloween mugs or socks from Dollar Tree
- goodie bags with Halloween treats
- pumpkin carving kit
- Boo Basket
- Halloween baking kit
- spooky movie night basket
- small Halloween decorations such as a set of orange string lights, a garland, and mini signs (you can get these at the dollar store).
- plastic vampire teeth
- small trick-or-treating candy bags
- spider rings
- wind up hopping toys
- mini plastic pumpkins or cauldrons filled with candy
- slime (for kids)
- spooky stickers
- plastic insects like snacks or spiders
- pencils and mini pens
- spooky stamps
More Fall and Halloween Printables
If you tried this Halloween charades game or any other free printables on my website, please leave a 📝 comment below and let me know how it went!